Safer Travel Partnership Tasking
Members of the Safer Travel Partnership meet every month together with representatives from public transport companies and associated bodies to discuss current trends in crime and anti-social behaviour, and consider the range of measures and operational tactics available to address them.
The available measures include:-
- Visible patrols by police and community support officers
- Under-cover operations to identify and deal with offenders
- Overt and covert use of CCTV on buses, trains, trams, bus stops, bus stations and rail and metro stations
- Specific police operations to target specific types of crime – e.g. robbery, theft, fare evasion, smoking, graffiti etc.
- Raising awareness of crime and crime prevention among travelling public, staff and the wider community
- Joint initiatives and liaison with other organisations